Our milled log wall systems are weathertight, and structurally engineered for the highest strength. The most popular profile is our “6×8” “D” log which is precision milled for a beautiful and long lasting finish.
Advantages of Tamlin’s Milled Log System
- All logs are kiln dried to minimize shrinkage and settling of walls.
- 6×8 “D” log is the most popular
- Other log sizes and profiles also available (such as 6×8 and 8×8 flat/flat)
- Each log is precision cut , prenotched and drilled for “lag bolts” and “through-bolts”
- Precut wall openings for windows and doors to reduce on-site labour
- Logs are carefully graded and precision milled into double tongue-and-groove profiles with interlocking corners for a weathertight seal
- Factory predrilling for electrical holes, and routering for receptacles/ switch boxes saves significant electical installation time
- Lag bolt hole predrilling to eliminate labour costs on site
- Milled “D” logs have a built-in drip edge that helps shed water away
- Choice of select western red cedar, premium douglas fir or spruce, and pine “cabin grade”
- Where logs join together on longer lengths, a dove tail-joint (known for its strength) is used.
- Each log is milled in the same precise manner so you have a perfect fit every time
- Log wall drawings and detailed log construction manual included
- For quick and easy log assembly, all logs are identified with labels. Lifting logs into place does not require a crane, making this system perfect for do-it-your-selfers